[vtkusers] Animations:Re: Filter source to file

Brian Gee Chacko hebrev at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 01:31:11 EDT 2008

Hi,

But Amy, how do we do interactive animations in VTK (For eg. mesh
deformations on collision with another 3d object)

Regards
Brian Gee Chacko
Project Engineer
Computer Graphics and Virtual Reality
M.S.Ramaiah School of Advanced Studies, Bangalore
www.geocities.com/brianchacko

On 6/2/08, Amy Squillacote <ahs at cfdrc.com> wrote:

> Set the output of vtkSphereSource to be the input to vtkXMLPolyDataWriter.
> In c++, this looks something like the following.
>
> vtkSphereSource *sphere = vtkSphereSource::New();
> vtkXMLPolyDataWriter *writer = vtkXMLPolyDataWriter::New();
> writer->SetInputConnection(sphere->GetOutputPort());
>
> - Amy
>
> Antoine Dechaume wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am trying to create an animation, for which I need an object, let say a
>> sphere, to move with time.
>> In a python script, I want to save the vtkSphereSource, at each time step,
>> to a file (which will be used in paraview)
>> My only problem is that the writer (vtkXMLPolyDataWriter) wants a
>> vtkDataObject. Is there an easy way to transform a vtkSphereSource instance
>> to feed vtkXMLPolyDataWriter ?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Antoine.
>>

> --
> Amy Squillacote                    Phone: (256) 726-4839
> Computer Scientist                 Fax: (256) 726-4806
> CFD Research Corporation           Web: http://www.cfdrc.com
> 215 Wynn Drive, Suite 501
> Huntsville, AL  35805

Brian Gee Chacko
Project Engineer,
Centre for Computer Graphics and Virtual Reality
M.S.Ramaiah School of Advanced Studies,
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
www.geocities.com/brianchacko