[vtkusers] vtkGhostLevels

Gerard Gorman g.gorman at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Jul 29 17:06:20 EDT 2008

Hi

I am trying to use vtkXMLPUnstructuredGridWriter but I cannot find any
documentation on how ghost levels are used.

>From grepping the code I'm guessing that I should add an unsigned char
scalar array called "vtkGhostLevels" to indicate which elements/nodes (I
think I need both might be needed depending on the algorithm) are owned
and which are halo/ghost. But all this guessing has so far got me either
double counting elements on the halo or a gap.

Can someone please shed some light on this? I promise I'll add the
answer to the wiki for the next lost soul.

Cheers
Gerard