[vtkusers] vtkCutter/vtkClipPolyData problem

Dean Inglis dean.inglis at camris.ca
Tue Jul 29 15:14:09 EDT 2008

Hi David,

Thanks, you are on the right tract:

that helps and improves the edges a lot, but does not eliminate the problem
entirely.

I might have to skin this cat in a different way . I've already

changed this->Box from vtkImageData to a simpler vtkRectilinearGrid which

seems to speed things up and eliminate some of the nonumiformity in

polygons generated by the vtkCutter.

Dean

Hi Dean,
  To be honest I'm having trouble following all the steps of your pipeline
at a glance, so this may be off beam... but the jagged lines look familiar
as the result of clipping relatively large polygons with an implicit
function (linear interpolation gives a jagged edge). I have used
vtkLinearSubdivisionFilter (2 or 3 iterations) to subdivide polygonal data
which then clips more cleanly.
Maybe I'm on the wrong track, or maybe that helps?
  regards   Dave P