[vtkusers] OpenGL linking issue on Mac 10.5

Alexandre GOUAILLARD Alexandre_Gouaillard at hms.harvard.edu
Wed Jul 23 11:34:31 EDT 2008

Hi all,

When compiling VTK with X support under macOS 10.5, there is a known issue
with the linking of the OpenGL dynamic libraries.
The workaround seems to consist in adding the following line to the linker
flag:
-dylib_file
/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGL.dylib
:/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGL.dyli

When I had this in CMAKE to the SHARED_LINKER flag, everything compiles
fine.

Then I turn BUILD_EXAMPLES ON (or I try to compile KWWIDGETS from VTK), with
the above line added to the EXE_LINKER flag, and it does not seems to do the
trick:

Internal cmake changing into directory:
/Users/alex/Devel/CVSROOT/VTK-CVS/BUILD-RELEASE/Examples/All
======== CMake output     ======
======== End CMake output ======
Linking CXX executable
/Users/alex/Devel/CVSROOT/VTK-CVS/BUILD-RELEASE/bin/HierarchicalBoxPipeline
ld: cycle in dylib re-exports with /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.dylib
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I also tried to add it to the LDFLAGS in the shell before runinng cmake,
does not work.

Any idea?

Alex.