[vtkusers] Problem With vtkUnstructuredGrid, displaying 3d elements

Robert Caldwell allan.caldwell at mail.mcgill.ca
Mon Jul 14 13:12:53 EDT 2008

Hi,

I'm working on improving someone else's program for viewing Finite element meshes. The problem I'm working on is that when a 3d mesh (tetrahedral or sometimes hexahedral, 4 nodes per element). Is put from my data structure to the vtkUnstructuredGrid structure and rendered, the only a skin mesh (2.5D with either square(from hexahedral) or triangular(from Tetrahedral) elements showing the outer surface) is displayed. I think it is some sort of filter to improve performance, or I'm using the wrong Class. Has any one encountered this before?

-Robert  Caldwell