[vtkusers] vtkMILVideoSource - Capture Multiple Inputs

dream_noir kyle.charbonneau at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 11:36:30 EDT 2008

I have a bit of a problem I've been trying to solve but looking at the
documentation and code isn't really getting me anywhere. I'm curious whether
or not vtkMILVideoSource supports capturing from one Matrox card but
multiple inputs on that card at the same time? I'm working with Meteor II
cards that can supposedly support 2 RGB or 6 BW channels at once but I
haven't been able to get it to work with VTK.

Simply creating two vtkMILVideoSource objects and setting them to the same
card but different channels doesn't work as the second instance will fail to
initialize.

After looking at the VTK code and some Matrox documentation I'm thinking vtk
might not be setup to get video from more than once channel at once, but
before I write a new vtk class to do this I want to be sure. Thanks.