[vtkusers] vtkXMLRectilinearGridWriterC - specifications and example?

Lutz Lesshafft lesshafft at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 18:26:06 EST 2008

Hi,

I have been trying to output my simulation data from C code in vtk xml
binary format (for Paraview).  The data is of rectilinear grid type.  I have
not been able to find an in-depth description of how to use the vtk writer
functions - like for example a list of all options that can be set for
rectilinear grids. Alternatively, I could directly write the file with
fwrite etc, but this is not straightforward either (eg, rumours about having
to add an integer at the beginning of each data block, and what about
writing native binary instead of base64...).

Does anybody have a simple example of a c code that writes an xml
rectilinear grid file? Or point me towards a complete description of
vtkXMLRectilinearGridWriter and how to use it?

Thanks
Lutz