[vtkusers] whatever happened to vtkPowerCrustSurfaceReconstruction ?

jelle feringa jelleferinga at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 04:55:48 EST 2008

 Hi Tim,

> It was never part of a VTK release. It was briefly in the CVS but
> rapidly removed when we realised what the implications would be of
> including code covered by the GPL.

I see, thanks for pointing this out Tim.
The header made me mistakenly think it was part of the CVS

For your python project, you should be able to rebuild VTK to include
> powercrust and wrap it into python methods. I haven't done this
> myself.

Right, though I see the method is available in TCL.
Does that mean making it available in Python should be straightforward?

Many thanks,

-jelle