[vtkusers] whatever happened to vtkPowerCrustSurfaceReconstruction ?

Tim Hutton tim.hutton at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 04:37:58 EST 2008

Take a look here:
http://www.sq3.org.uk/powercrust/

It was never part of a VTK release. It was briefly in the CVS but
rapidly removed when we realised what the implications would be of
including code covered by the GPL.

For your python project, you should be able to rebuild VTK to include
powercrust and wrap it into python methods. I haven't done this
myself.

Tim

On 22/01/2008, jelle feringa <jelleferinga at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for a class to compute the medial axis of a polygonal object.
> It seems VTK had at some point an implementation of the power crust algorithm,
> but I haven't been able to find this particular class in the CVS.
> This is the class I'm looking for:
> http://www.sq3.org.uk/powercrust/vtkPowerCrustSurfaceReconstruction.h
>
> If you could inform me whatever happened to it, that help a lot.
> Was the class wrapped for python at some point too?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -jelle

Tim Hutton - http://www.sq3.org.uk

Take the Organic Builder challenge -