[vtkusers] Unable to compile VTK from sources on linux cluster

Raashid Baig raashid.b at rediffmail.com
Thu Jan 10 07:42:29 EST 2008

I am trying to compile VTK5.0.3 from sources (out-of source) on a linux
cluster. I want to generate VTK bindings for python, and I have specifically set the VTK_WRAP_TCL = OFF. cmake still gives an error message of :

 CMake Error: This project requires some variables to be set,
  and cmake can not find them.
  Please set the following variables:
  TK_INCLUDE_PATH (ADVANCED)

If I quit the cmake and again run the ccmake in the same directory I see an option of VTK_USE_TK = ON and again the same error message. If I turn the VTK_USE_TK = OFF and again run cmake I get a new error message :

  CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
  /home/raashid/src/VTK/Utilities/TclTk/internals/CMakeLists.txt:2:
  Unknown CMake command "VTK_GET_TCL_TK_VERSION".

I am unable to understand why am I getting such errors when I have
specifically set the tcl/tk options OFF in cmake.