[vtkusers] Unable to compile VTK from sources on linux cluster

Dominik Szczerba domi at vision.ee.ethz.ch
Thu Jan 10 06:59:14 EST 2008

Yeah I know this. Try VTK_USE_TK=OFF

-- Dominik

On Thursday 10 January 2008 12.46:40 Raashid Baig wrote:
> I am trying to compile VTK5.0.3 from sources (out-of source) on a linux
cluster. I want to generate VTK bindings for python, and I have specifically
set the VTK_WRAP_TCL = OFF. cmake still gives an error message of :

> CMake Error: This project requires some variables to be set,
>  and cmake can not find them.
>  Please set the following variables:
>  TK_INCLUDE_PATH (ADVANCED)
>
> If I quit the cmake and again run the ccmake in the same directory I see an
option of VTK_USE_TK = ON and again the same error message. If I turn thr
VTK_USE_TK = OFF and again run cmake I get a new error message :

>  CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
>  /home/raashid/src/VTK/Utilities/TclTk/internals/CMakeLists.txt:2:
>  Unknown CMake command "VTK_GET_TCL_TK_VERSION".
>
> I am unable to understand why am I getting such errors when I have
specifically set the tcl/tk options OFF in cmake.

--
Dominik Szczerba, Ph.D.
Computer Vision Lab CH-8092 Zurich