[vtkusers] PDF 3D support

Lars Friedrich lfriedri at imtek.de
Tue Jan 8 06:31:45 EST 2008

Hello,

I am really interested in converting VTK scenes to 3d-pdfs.

> The results of the pipeline (running on Mac OS 10.5)
> file.cxx -> vtkIDTFExporter -> file.idtf -> IDTFconverter -> file.u3d ->
> pdflatex -> file.pdf

Did I get you right, Michail, that the vtkIDTFExporter is written by
you, and you would share it? Do you use VTK from C or from Python? I am
using the Python bindings exclusively. Do you think it is difficult to
use your vtkIDTFExporter from Python?

I understood that win-binaries of the IDTFconverter can be downloaded
from intel. I did not find it by googling, can you give me an address?

Thanks
Lars