[vtkusers] vtkTubeFilter - VaryRadiusByVector

João Cunha jdc at lnec.pt
Fri Jan 4 11:38:31 EST 2008

I can't get the the VaryRadiusByVector option to work if the streamlines
are generated by vtkStreamTracer.
It works fine if I use vtkStreamLine instead of vtkStreamTracer.
The officeTube.tcl example fails to execute in the #### commented line
(see below)
Commenting the line gets rid of the error but the tube is displayed with
constant radius.
Note that VaryRadiusByScalar works fine.

I'm using vtk 5.0
Can anyone please help me or provide an explanation?
João Cunha

# The tube is wrapped around the generated streamline. By varying the
radius# by the inverse of vector magnitude, we are creating a tube whose
radius is

# proportional to mass flux (in incompressible flow).

vtkTubeFilter streamTube

streamTube SetInputConnection [streamer GetOutputPort]

####streamTube SetInputArrayToProcess 1 0 0
vtkDataObject::FIELD_ASSOCIATION_POINTS vectors

streamTube SetRadius 0.02

streamTube SetNumberOfSides 12

streamTube SetVaryRadiusToVaryRadiusByVector

--
João Duarte Cunha
Investigador-Coordenador
jdc at lnec.pt