[vtkusers] Mapper for a multiframe-volume stored as TemporalDataSet

eugen eudyck at web.de
Fri Jan 4 07:35:37 EST 2008

Hi,

I read the article on iime support by VTK
(http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/VTK/Time_Support) but still am wondering
whether that works with direct-volume-rendering. I assume it will work, if
just one timestep it requested to be rendered, but how would I connect a
vtkVolumeTextureMapper3D to animate all of the timesteps?

I have a gated heart dataset with several frames taken to capture
heartbeat-states for animation of a beating heart. Now I want to render
them via DVR during time. How would I do that in VTK?
vtkVolumeTextureMapper3D doesn't seem to be able dealing with
TemporalDataSet in that manner. Would I have to separate all the
timeframes, assign every timeframe to a separate mapper and activate it
when needed via an vtkAnimationCue?

Please help. Every suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance,
Eugen