[vtkusers] Why is vtkDelaunay2D so slow in VC++ 2005

burlen burlen at apollo.sr.unh.edu
Wed Jan 2 09:48:46 EST 2008

Hi, Delaunay is slow algorithm in general, it has to work point by point
and make a search through the point set with each insertion. I am not
sure about VTK but I have seen the time complexity of other
implementations is O(n*log(n)). It sounds like you by hand approach is
O(n) so would be much faster. You mentioned that you think it is related
to VC++ 2005 but I think it is the delaunay algorithm itself rather than
the platform which is the problem. have you tried under another platform?
Burlen