[vtkusers] Opacity problems

Daniel Cabrini Hauagge daniel.hauagge at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 14:32:16 EST 2008

Hello,

I'm relatively new to VTK so please pardon my ignorance. I'm trying to
setup a scene using various overlapping quads with varying
transparency (opacity is determined by the dot product of the plane
normal with the camera's view plane normal). I think my setup is
correct but I'm having trouble with how the transparent quads are
rendered. I've seen many messages in the mailing list complaining
about similar problems and tried the depth peeling technique in the
wiki but didn't get the correct results.

Here are the results I've obtained
http://www.liv.ic.unicamp.br/~hauagge/vtk_opacity_trouble.pdf

and here is an example program that illustrates the problem
http://www.liv.ic.unicamp.br/~hauagge/test09_transparencyFromCamera.py

I'd appreciate any help,

--
Daniel Cabrini Hauagge