[vtkusers] wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor.py fails on OSX with VTK Cocoa build

Dan White white at mpi-cbg.de
Fri Feb 22 07:02:41 EST 2008

Hi Chris,

On Feb 22, 2008, at 12:11 AM, Christopher Barker wrote:

> Dan White wrote:
>> There is a new OSX port in the wxWidgets source code already,
>> called xwCocoa....
>> however this is still missing much functionality....
>> So in the long run, for 64 bit VTK application using wxPython on OSX
>> wxPython needs to be able to use the new wxCocoa.
>
> I guess in the long run, wx will use Cocoa -- is it firm that Apple
> will never do a 64 bit Carbon? Even so, can you mingle 64 bit stuff
> and 32 bit stuff -- it's not like you'll ever need 64 bits for the
> GUI itself.

our app uses python , wxpython for the gui, and VTK for the 3D
graphics...
.... so as i understand it, all three of those need to be 64 bit for
it to work?

>> In the mean time, the only other option left for a 64 bit
>> wxPython GUI VTK application on OSX is.....
>
> What about pyObjC and vtkCocoa? can you use those together?

no if we keep it platform independent.... BioImageXD also runs on
linux and windows....

Dan

> -Chris
>

> --
> Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
> Oceanographer
>
> Emergency Response Division
> 7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax
>
> Chris.Barker at noaa.gov

Dr. Daniel James White BSc. (Hons.) PhD
Senior Microscopist / Image Processing and Analysis
Light Microscopy Facility
Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics
Pfotenhauerstrasse 108
01307 DRESDEN
Germany

New Mobile Number!!!

+49 (0)15114966933 (German Mobile)
+49  (0)351 210 2627 (Work phone at MPI-CBG)
+49  (0)351 210 1078 (Fax MPI-CBG LMF)
+358 (0) 468102840 (Finnish mobile, only when I'm in Finland)
http://www.bioimagexd.net
http://www.chalkie.org.uk
dan at chalkie.org.uk
( white at mpi-cbg.de )