[vtkusers] Java flickering issue

William E Lucarell welucarell at equityeng.com
Thu Feb 21 11:38:05 EST 2008

I am embedding a vtkPanel in a Java form with NetBeans.  I am performing a
10 step animation (with one thread) on an image that re-renders every 500
milliseconds.  The animation works fine; however, I have one issue.  Every
time the window renders, the screen flickers.   Occasionally I get a
setPixelFormat error which ends the application.  I know that double
buffering will solve the issue, but vtkPanel does not have a
setDoubleBuffered method like JPanel.  How can I avoid the flickering and
the error?

Thanks!

Bill Lucarell