[vtkusers] wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor.py fails on OSX with VTK Cocoa build

Dan White white at mpi-cbg.de
Wed Feb 20 03:56:38 EST 2008

Hi OS X VTKers, like Sean, Gaetan,  et al,

We notice that wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor.py
is failing for VTK Ccoca builds:

here is the VTK bug report i filed....

did anyone else run into that?
Does anyone else use xwPython for a GUI on OSX?

cheers

Dan

Cocoa enabled build of VTK CVS on OSX 10.5.2 with 10.5 SDK
-arch -i386;86_64
cocoa needed for 64 bit VTK, carbon is not 64 bit and is depreciated.

wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor.py throws a type error as it is getting
only 1 argument when expecting 2
in onPaint. This does not happen wiht a Carbon build of VTK,
so there must be some thing wrong with the way cocoa vtk render window
is talking to wx render window interactor?
This bug also shows up in BioImageXD with a VTK cocoa build, as it
also uses wx.
(again carbon vtk works as expected, but cant build 64 bit with
carbon, and never will be able to )

private-white:Desktop dan$ python2.5 /Users/dan/Desktop/VTKCVSgcc/VTK/
Wrapping/Python/vtk/wx/wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/dan/Desktop/VTKCVSgcc/VTK/Wrapping/Python/vtk/wx/
wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor.py", line 311, in OnPaint
    self._Iren.GetRenderWindow().SetSize(self.GetSizeTuple())
TypeError: function takes exactly 2 arguments (1 given)
Dr. Daniel James White BSc. (Hons.) PhD
Senior Microscopist / Image Processing and Analysis
Light Microscopy Facility
Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics
Pfotenhauerstrasse 108
01307 DRESDEN
Germany

New Mobile Number!!!

+49 (0)15114966933 (German Mobile)
+49  (0)351 210 2627 (Work phone at MPI-CBG)
+49  (0)351 210 1078 (Fax MPI-CBG LMF)
+358 (0) 468102840 (Finnish mobile, only when I'm in Finland)
http://www.bioimagexd.net
http://www.chalkie.org.uk
dan at chalkie.org.uk
( white at mpi-cbg.de )