Re[vtkusers] ndering window implementation

T.R.Shashwath trshash at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 01:29:47 EST 2008

On Friday 15 Feb 2008 4:47:54 pm Vectra17 wrote:
> Hello everybody.
>
> I want to know if VTK's rendering window can be implemented as a part of a
> different platform.
> For example: I made a COM server which uses VTK in C++ . When asked for,
> the server pops up the VTK rendering window and works just fine. Now I want
> that same server window working under Delphi and it does.
> The question is how can a (Delphi) client take control of that window and
> place it in his visual interface in the desirable place? How can a COM
> client manipulate VTK rendering window?

Hi Vectra,

In Windows, you should be able to call SetParentId on a vtkRenderWindow, with
the Windows handle of the intended parent control. Then, you should
SetPosition and SetSize to tell it where in the parent to go, and what its
size should be.

I guess that should work whether it's a COM client or not, though I've only
tried this approach with .Net (C++/CLI).

Regards,
Shash