[vtkusers] vtkDICOMImageReader problem

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Fri Feb 15 16:47:43 EST 2008

On 2/15/08 12:09 PM, Corrie Allen said:

>Adding the libvtkDICOMParser library to the project fixed it.  I did
>have the XCode source trees preference set to look in the directory
>where those libraries live and set both the target and project build
>configurations set to use those settings.  The path to the headers
>used in the project are also set in the XCode source tree preferences
>and that seems to work fine, since I don't have the headers directly
>added to the project window.  A simple explanation would be great.

I'm not sure what you don't understand.... You need to tell Xcode (as
with any IDE) which libraries you want to link to.  One does so either
by 1) adding them to the project 2) passing compiler flags. The path
settings are are referring to are for case 2, so it knows which folders
to look into if you simple give it a library name, as opposed to a full path.

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com