[vtkusers] vtkDICOMImageReader problem

Corrie Allen corrieallen at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 15:09:39 EST 2008

Adding the libvtkDICOMParser library to the project fixed it.  I did
have the XCode source trees preference set to look in the directory
where those libraries live and set both the target and project build
configurations set to use those settings.  The path to the headers
used in the project are also set in the XCode source tree preferences
and that seems to work fine, since I don't have the headers directly
added to the project window.  A simple explanation would be great.
Sometimes it seems like XCode gives me way too may ways to get confused.
Corrie

On Feb 15, 2008, at 7:28 AM, Sean McBride wrote:

On 2/14/08 4:41 PM, Corrie Allen said:

> By the way, when I switched over to the CVS version of VTK (5.1), the
> vtkPNGReader started to have problems (said it couldn't open the png
> files that opened before).  So I've gone back to vtk5.0 - one problem
> at a time.

As Mathieu said, you are missing libvtkDICOMParser.

That's interesting about the png file.  Could you file a bug, with the
example png attached, saying it works in 5.0 but not 5.1?  Here:
<http://public.kitware.com/Bug>

If you stick with 5.0, remember that you cannot build VTK as a Universal
Binary, and that it is buggy with OS 10.5.

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com