[vtkusers] build errors

Amy Squillacote ahs at cfdrc.com
Tue Feb 12 09:11:49 EST 2008

Hi Kivilcim,

Did you download the source code for VTK 5.0.4, or did you use the
installer for Windows? In order to use VTK from C++, you have to compile
VTK yourself from source code. After you run CMake on VTK, then you must
open the solution file it creates for your version of Visual Studio, and
compile VTK. Once VTK is built, then you can use it in your own C++
projects.

If you had already built VTK from source code, then in your example
program, are you linking against vtkFiltering? That's the library that
contains vtkPolyData.

- Amy