[vtkusers] Compiling VTK in cygwin

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 14:09:27 EST 2008

On Sun, Dec 28, 2008 at 7:38 PM, Andrey Sklyar <skyarland at gmail.com> wrote:
> What is the configuration (CFLAGS, CXXFLAGS, CXX, CC) that people who
> successfully compile VTK 5.2.0 with g++ on windows use?

Simple rule: do not turn ON advanced options you do not understand.

> I was able to compile VTK using the c++ compiler that ships with
> cygwin (bin/c++.exe), but got the error below when trying to use g++.

It's a symlink...

> I would like to be able to compile VTK with g++ because it is both
> much faster than the c++.exe compiler and because I want to link with
> another library that I compiled with g++ (wxWidgets).

What is the output of c++ --version vs g++ --version...

>> if you can get your hands on a free version of the M$ compiler, you
>> can grep the headers file for the missing macro, and complete the
>> cygwin headers file ones.
>
> Will do as a last resort.

If you sole goal is to compile VTK, do not turn cmake option you do
not understand. By default VTK is building fine on cygwin (see nightly
dashboard). I guess shared lib is the only one I'd suggest.

--
Mathieu