[vtkusers] Rendering Very Large Images

Michael Knopke Michael.Knopke at gmx.de
Wed Dec 10 11:29:55 EST 2008

Hello,

Just tried to render a 16bit mammo image with Size: 4000/3300 px (about
25mb) using vtkImageViewer2. Interaction was horrible slow, probably because
it's not using hardware acceleration.
Also I guess, it probably has to increase the size of the texture to be a
power of 2 (or is it using non_power_of_two extensions already?).
Anyway when resizing to about 60percent, it became notably quicker but
flickering was still visible (using a Geforce 6 ). I expected it to be very
smooth once hardware acceleration is on.
Has anybody experiences rendering big images (2D only) with VTK? Any hints?
Thanks.

regards,
michael