[vtkusers] seams between transparent surfaces

Paul Hamill paulh at txcorp.com
Fri Dec 5 17:29:55 EST 2008

Cory -

I added these calls:
ren.UseDepthPeelingOn()  # ren is vtkRenderer
win.SetAlphaBitPlanes(1) # win is vtkRenderWindow

This did get rid of the seam effect, but produced unwanted side effects: the
planes have different colors, and are opaque at some view angles instead of
transparent. A screenshot showing this is attached.

Maybe my graphics card is incompatible with VTK's depth peeling.

Thanks -
Paul