[vtkusers] seams between transparent surfaces

Cory Quammen cquammen at cs.unc.edu
Fri Dec 5 15:13:27 EST 2008

Paul,

When drawing transparent geometry, geometry needs to be sorted in
depth order, or you need to use depth peeling which in a sense does
the depth sorting for you. Fortunately, VTK implements depth peeling.
In your vtkRenderer, call UseDepthPeelingOn(). This ought to eliminate
the seams, assuming your graphics hardware supports VTK's
implementation of depth peeling.

Cory