[vtkusers] logical 'not' for vtkImplicitBoolean

Andreas St andy_s_18 at yahoo.de
Fri Dec 5 03:42:27 EST 2008

Hello VTK users,

I am using the vtkImplicitBoolean to combine vtkQuadric and vtkSuperquadric
to a new geometry.
I need to evaluate logical expressions which I get in text-form. Each
surface is represented by an index pointing to the corresponding
vtkImplicitFunction.
The expressions look like: (1 2):(3 -1)
(blank means intersection, colon is a union and minus should result in the
complement of the surface)

to implement "(3 -1)" it is possible to use the difference-operator, but if
I had to evaluate "(-3 -1)" for example,
there is no solution to me.
Can anyone tell me how to complement a vtkImplicitFuntcion?