[vtkusers] Compiling VTK with OpenGL

Pascale Beliveau beliveaup at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 16:44:15 EDT 2008

Hi VTK users,

   I am relatively new with VTK, trying to install it and having problems
with including the OpenGL file that will allow me to use the VTK viewer. I
had the following error :

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
8\VC\PlatformSDK\include\GL/gl.h(1152) : error C2144: syntax error : 'void'
should be preceded by ';'
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
8\VC\PlatformSDK\include\GL/gl.h(1152) : error C4430: missing type specifier
- int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int

occuring on the following line:

WINGDIAPI void APIENTRY glAccum (GLenum op, GLfloat value);

of file: gl.h

Does anyone have an idea what I am missing?

Thanks in advance for the help!
Pascale