[vtkusers] How to get a reference to a picked actor

Sercani sercanimailgroups at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 04:52:11 EDT 2008

Hi John;

Check out this code:

vtkPropPicker *picker=vtkPropPicker::New();

picker->Pick(point.x, point.y,0.0,renderer); /*this point coordinates must
be in display coordinates!!!renderer is your renderer that contains these
actors..*/

picker->GetActor(); //this is your pointer to picked actor.You can also
write this:  vtkActor *actor=vtkActor::New();actor=picker->GetActor();

I recommend using vtkPropPicker instead of vtkPicker because PropPicker is
extremely fast.