[vtkusers] How to get a reference to a picked actor

John Eke tonee47 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 14 12:28:10 EDT 2008

Hi,

I have a bit of code where I create a pointer to vtkActor, then add it to a Renderer. After that I set the pointer to NULL so I have no reference to it anymore. Say I have several of such actors within the same Renderer, how can I perform a pick, and get back a reference to the picked actor?

All this is being done within my subclass of vtkInteractorStyle. OnMouseMove, I draw an actor, and add it to the renderer. OnLeftButtonDown I perform a pick on any of the actors drawn. If someone could please point me in the right direction, I will be very greatful. I just need to know how to get a pointer to an actor once a pick is performed.

Thanks