[vtkusers] FInding the distance around a surface

Robert Caldwell allan.caldwell at mail.mcgill.ca
Tue Aug 5 08:57:33 EDT 2008

Hi,
I am working with a program that displays surfaces meshs of vtkPolyData polygons. I am trying to mesure across the surface between two picked points. So need to somehow trace line across the surface between the points and get it's length. Can anyone suggest a class for me to use? I was thinking about using a plane including the two points and w/a normal parrellel to the surface, but vtkPlane didn't seem to be able to return an intersection with a surface.

-thanks,Robert A. Caldwell