[vtkusers] Window events on Mac OS X

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Mon Aug 4 17:26:37 EDT 2008

On 8/4/08 1:29 PM, Peter Eastman said:

>On Aug 4, 2008, at 12:22 PM, Sean McBride wrote:
>> Ah.  Then you're seeing this:
>> <http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=2025>
>
>Thanks!  That at least helps to explain what's going on.  Am I
>correct, then, that it's impossible to make this work correctly for a
>command line application, and the only solution is to package it as an
>app bundle?  If so, that's unfortunate, but at least I know what to
>tell people.

Well, from a Mac OS X point of view, yes, that is the best solution.
Like it or not, Apple's docs clearly state that displaying UI (windows,
views, etc.) from a command line app is "unsupported".  ie, only half
works, sometimes, sorta. :)

You may be able to hack around it using tricks like Mike suggested.

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com