[vtkusers] Window events on Mac OS X

Peter Eastman peastman at stanford.edu
Mon Aug 4 14:09:40 EDT 2008

On Aug 4, 2008, at 8:20 AM, Sean McBride wrote:

> You're probably out of luck then. :(  On OS X, most all event loop and
> drawing code must be done on the main thread.

Hi Sean,

All of the code I quoted is being run on the main thread.  What we
can't do is dedicate the main thread to *only* handling events,
spawning a separate thread for everything else.  We need to deal with
programs that are written to run entirely on the main thread,
periodically calling Render() to do their drawing also on the main
thread.  And like I said, mouse events *inside* the window are being
handled correctly.  It's just that a subset of events (those related
to the window frame itself, not the window contents) are not.

Peter