[vtkusers] i need your help, about surface cuts image

guoyanmin jacob_1224 at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 4 07:44:34 EDT 2008

Hallo everyone,
i need your help,

I make now one combination
between one Surface and one Image, that means i want to add one surface into the image  and  cut off this area from the image to store, this area is overlain between surface and image.
Ich write so that:

vtkLinearTransform
*transform =
surface->GetTimeSlicedGeometry()->GetGeometry3D(0)->GetVtkTransform();
    vtkPolyData * polydata =
surface->GetVtkPolyData(0);
  vtkTransformPolyDataFilter
* transformFilter=vtkTransformPolyDataFilter::New();
  transformFilter->SetInput(polydata);
  transformFilter->SetTransform(transform);
  transformFilter->Update();

    vtkPolyDataToImageStencil *
dataToStencil = vtkPolyDataToImageStencil::New();

dataToStencil->SetInput(
transformFilter->GetOutput());

vtkImageStencil * stencil =
vtkImageStencil::New();

stencil->SetStencil(dataToStencil->GetOutput());

stencil->SetBackgroundValue(
0 );
  stencil->ReverseStencilOff();

vtkImageData *vtkimage =
image->GetVtkImageData();

stencil->SetInput(
vtkimage );

stencil->Update();

vtkimage =
stencil->GetOutput();

mitk::Image::Pointer
m_img;

m_img =
mitk::Image::New();

m_img->Initialize(vtkimage);

m_img->SetVolume(
vtkimage->GetScalarPointer() );

I can get one cut part of image(m_img), and i can store it in the computer, but if i load this image,it appears not in the right position in the original image. it appears only in the position, where i load the surface.

somebody  knows ? please me some idea. i want to show this cut image in the right position.

Guo,Yanmin
Darmstadt  Deutschland
Phone(handy):0179-4820889