[vtkusers] Volume Rendering from Cloud Points

Charl Botha c.p.botha at tudelft.nl
Sat Aug 2 14:42:50 EDT 2008

On Sat, Aug 2, 2008 at 1:59 PM, mohammed amine sahtari
<msahtari at hotmail.fr> wrote:
> I have already did a surface rendeing by building a polydata.
> But, actually I want to be able to do advanced vizualization as the Maximum
> Intensity Projection, and display a group of point as a volume (or
> object) ...That's why I want to use the direct volume rendering.
>
> can I use the work of Markus Gross for this pupose ?  how ?
> Is there any other issuses ?

This is not a straight-forward problem.   You could try resampling the
ultrasound data into a regular grid and then continuing processing, or
you're going to have to implement your own point-based processing /
rendering solution.  If you want to do something akin to MIP, you're
probably going to have to resample.  Whichever route you choose,
you're definitely going to have to do some more reading. :)

Good luck,
Charl