[vtkusers] vtkImagePlaneWidget transparent slice?

Mengchen Zhu acidwind at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 15:43:34 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I've modified ImagePlaneWidget.cxx (under VTK widgets/testing folder) to
read in series of bmp (or tiff) image files, and display the interpolated
volume using 3 orthogonal planes. The resliced image can be properly
displayed using ImageActor; however, the 3 orthogonal planes controlled by
ImagePlaneWidget are semi-transparent, while if the input are the sample
16-bit  images(headsq), the planes are opaque. I've tried to change
parameters of "ipwProp" to set the texture plane property, but still
couldn't get opaque planes with my dataset.

Has anyone seen a similar problem before? By the way, my data files are
24-bit BMP images with range 0~255.

Thanks,
Mengchen Zhu