[vtkusers] Problem adding actor to a renderer

Roger Blum rogerblum at hawaii.rr.com
Tue Apr 15 17:46:21 EDT 2008

Hello

My Tcl application has 2 renderers: 1 showing an overview window and 1
showing the interactive window where user can zoom, pan, etc.

The background in both windows is a bitmap displayed with a
vtkImageActor. This used to work perfectly till recently the overview
window stopped showing the image. I can not find the reason for this
sudden change.

I' ve found that the actor doesn't get added to the renderer. Writing
output before and after the AddActor command shows that the renderer has
the same amount of actors before and after the call.
If I try to add the actor 'manually' from the built-in shell I can add
it to the main window but it wouldn't add to the overview window.

What would cause a renderer to not accept an (obviously correctly
configured) actor?

Thanks for any help in solving this mystery,
Roger