[vtkusers] vtkPointPicker -- Getting the tuple of a point that's not a vtk point

William E Lucarell welucarell at equityeng.com
Wed Apr 9 09:41:15 EDT 2008

I have a mesh with different scalar values.  If I press P when I'm on a
point, I will get the corresponding node number and scalar value.  I turned
pickable off on all actors but the contour actor so that there wouldn't be
any erroneous nodes.  However, oftentimes, if I press P when I'm in the
middle of a cell but not on a point, a nonexistent node number and
nonexistent scalar value will appear on my "query window".  Is there a way
to get the nearest point or get the value of the nearest contour line when
picking?

Thanks!

Bill Lucarell