[vtkusers] unordered mesh

Laurent Paul l.paul at uclouvain.be
Thu Apr 3 13:27:44 EDT 2008

Hi all!

I am currently working with polygonal mesh. I try to extract a subset of cells from a mesh. From a point defined in
the whole space by its xyz coordinates, I get cells which have this point in common doing:

m_Mesh->GetPointCells(m_Mesh->FindPoint(xyz), CellsList);

It works great. My problem is that the mesh, created using Delaunay3D,  is not ordered. Thus cells are created inside
the mesh (in fact my mesh  is a sphere for the moment).
This is a problem for my application. I would like to get only cells  that appear on the surface. So I'm looking for a
filter to remove  "inside" cells, or to pre-order points to perform a clean delaunay  triangulation.
Which wonderfull filter could achieve this?

Thanks,

Laurent.