[vtkusers] VTK or MITK?

Adrian Albert a.albert at jacobs-university.de
Tue Apr 1 14:07:02 EDT 2008

Dear All,

I was hoping someone could help me in choosing between VTK and MITK for
implementing my application. I am writing a system for visualizing
simulation data (NOT medical), and would need multidimensional transfer
function support. I know that VTK does not have something like this
implemented. MITK on the other hand claims to support this, but I could not
figure out if there is a upper limit to the number of dimensions a transfer
function should have. Or does MITK only support multidimensional transfer
functions in terms of the scalar field and gradient?

Also, could someone comment on the easiness of use of MITK compared to VTK,
and approprietness to visualize NON-medical data?

Thanks!
Adrian

Adrian Albert
School of Engineering and Science