[vtkusers] Reading a wireframe model from ascii file.

Giff zibalmail at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 10:24:04 EDT 2007

Hello,

I have started using vtk just a few days ago. I managed to load and display
.obj and .vrml files in a few trials, but now I can not manage to load a
model stored in a text file, structured like:

numVertices
v0.x v0.y v0z
v1.x v0y v0.z
.
:
numTriangles
vertexId1 vertexId2 vertexId3
.
:

After I read the vertices coordinates and the triangles topology, what is
the best way to store this stuff on a vtkPolyData object?

I tried different ways, but I only managed to see the vertices if I draw
spheres centred on them, whatever I tried for inserting the triangles
failed.

I would really appreciate some hints on how to do this the best way.

Thanks a lot in advance