[vtkusers] Using vtkMy

Mike Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 12:07:11 EDT 2007

If you look in the FindVTK.cmake file (included in the cmake
distribution) then you will see that they are probably defining any
include directories that need to be included. Also, if you do an
actual build and Install of VTK then vtk puts all the include files
in a single directory so there is no need for something like:

#include <vtkIO/vtkBMPReader.h>
instead you can use
#include < vtkBMPReader.h>

This is a matter of personal opinion which way is better and I am not
going to start a debate which way is better. If you have your sources
broken up into lots of subdirectories then you have some choices.

You can #include <Common/SomeCommonHeader.h> in which case you only
need the following in your cmakelists.txt file
INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES( "../vtkMy/")

You can #include <SomeCommonHeader.h> in which case you will need the
following in your cmakelists.txt file
INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES( "../vtkMy/Common"

I personally prefer the first approach as it makes it clear to a new
user coming to your code where to find the header file.

Good Luck.

For an example of how I have setup my code base have a look at http://
titanium.imts.us/viewvc/Task_7/MXADataModel/

Cheers
--
Mike Jackson   Senior Research Engineer