[vtkusers] Rez errors during VTK Carbon Applications

Linwei Wang lxw4393 at rit.edu
Fri Nov 30 13:10:41 EST 2007

Dear all,

    I am using VTK on Mac OS. If I didn't add "/Developer/Tools/Rez
Carbon.r –o myapp" after linking, the program can run, but the
application has no response to any keyboard pressing, and if I closed
the window, the application just get hanged~~

  So I add  "/Developer/Tools/Rez Carbon.r –o myapp", and now it gave
following errors :

/Developer/Tools/Rez Carbon.r –o /Users/maomaowlw/Research/Mywork/
VTKTest/Debug/VTKTest
/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Headers/Carbon.r:43: ### /
Developer/Tools/Rez - SysError 0 during open of "–o".
Fatal Error!
/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Headers/Carbon.r:43: ### /
Developer/Tools/Rez - Fatal Error, can't recover.
–o: ### /Developer/Tools/Rez - Since errors occurred, /tmp/Rez.out's
resource fork was not written.
make[1]: [post-build] Error 3 (ignored)

I've searched some similar errors but could see where is the problem..
Does anyone have any ideas? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Lin