[vtkusers] Re: Bug in depth ordering whilst rendering

Peter Clifton pcjc2 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Nov 30 07:31:12 EST 2007

On Fri, 2007-11-30 at 12:29 +0100, Mönch, Tobias wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> for me it looks like a problem I had 2 years ago but discontinued fixing it.
>
> Here is the link to my example of the problem:
>
> http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/attachments/20050922/06f2d81a/surface_inside_out-0001.bin
>

> ...and here the original thread:
>
> http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2005-September/081864.html

>From the thread, it sounds you had issues with transparent objects. (The
rendering of which might now be ok without sorting, with the depth
peeling support in CVS?)

I'm having issues even with solid objects, as it seems I'm ending up
with a GL visual in X which doesn't have depth buffer support. I'm
slowly poking at wxWidgets and wxPython to see why this might be, as the
viewer I'm getting through the Python environment is what sets up the GL
side of things.

Thanks for the link and the info,

Best wishes,

--