[vtkusers] Re: Bug in depth ordering whilst rendering

Mönch, Tobias Tobias.Moench at med.ovgu.de
Fri Nov 30 06:29:03 EST 2007

Hi Peter,

for me it looks like a problem I had 2 years ago but discontinued fixing it.

Here is the link to my example of the problem:

http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/attachments/20050922/06f2d81a/surface_inside_out-0001.bin

...and here the original thread:

http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2005-September/081864.html

Finally, I tried vtkDepthSortPolyData as proposed by someone. It seemed to fix the problem, but slowed the surface rendering extremely so that it became unusable.

I tested it 2 years ago with vtk4.x nightly via C++ and currently vtk5.x nightly with Java from within Matlab but still get the same problem (also on different machines).

Best wishes,
Tobias