[vtkusers] extracting closed polyhedra from 3D contourfilter

Richard Strelitz strelitz at lanl.gov
Tue Nov 27 17:58:16 EST 2007

I need to extract closed/complete polyhedra from the contour filter
output in 3D.  It looks like vtkPolyDataCOnnectivityFilter  will do the
trick, but the documentation on it is sparse and the few searches I've
done to find usage have yielded nothing.  Any suggestions, pointers,
advice?

I really want to use this in ITK and/or Paraview, so help in that
direction would be greatly appreciated.  But obviously the place to
start is in the vtk list and class hierarchy.

Richard Strelitz, Los Alamos National Lab.