[vtkusers] Surface and volume rendering

Markus Weigert m.weigert at fz-juelich.de
Wed Nov 7 12:44:25 EST 2007

Dear vtk users,

my problem is that I try to render a vtkPolydata surface mesh (color coded)
and a medical volume in one render window at the same time and the direct
volume rendering disables the colors of the surface (these are not really
visible when volume rendering is active).
How can I make the colors of the surface foreground so that they are always
visible (that means excluding the mesh from the default volume rendering).

Best regards,
Markus

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats: MinDirig'in Baerbel Brumme-Bothe
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Prof. Dr. Achim Bachem (Vorsitzender), Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv.
Vorsitzender)