[vtkusers] VTK.sln build errors

Joshua Pena joshua_pena at comcast.net
Fri Nov 2 02:29:55 EDT 2007

I was able to get vtk.sln to build fine with visual studio .net 2003,
and successfully installed all the dll, lib, and header files. I was
even able to get vtk programs to compile and run fine using visual c++
express edition. I was recently able to get my hands on a Visual Studio
2005 professional edition so i decided to get rid of visual express and
visual studio .net, since i was getting an updated version. I figured i
would have to reinstall vtk, which i had no problem with. So i
uninstalled visual studio 2003 and visual c++ express and installed
visual studio 2005 pro. I made sure that all the vtk dlls in the system
32 files were deleted also. So i downloaded vtk again, ran cmake for
visual studio 2005, with build libraries on, and examples on too. But
when i try to build VTK.sln, i get a ton of errors when it starts to
build vtk rendering stuff i think. Anyone have a solution for this? Or
am i gonna have to reinstall visual studio 2003 =(.