[vtkusers] Converting from Surface to Volumetric Image

gajare at sas.upenn.edu gajare at sas.upenn.edu
Mon May 28 15:29:26 EDT 2007

I am new to VTK, and want to know whether VTK will be able to help me perform a
certain data conversion...

I have a file containing data points (x,y,z) defining the outer membrane of an
enclosed surface (similar to the skin of a balloon).  I want to generate a
volumetric data set (e.g. GIPL image, ANALYZE image, MetaImage, etc) from this
data.

I want to use VTK to write a program that can take these data points and
generate a "synthetic" 3D image (series of slices), but want to know beforehand
whether my project is appropriate for implementation in VTK.

Thank you,

Neil